9th May – 13th May
Our guide course provides basic education as a rafting guide, and you will receive a course certificate that says that you completed a course and are able to be a Training guide. As a Training guide, you can join our trips to further you training and skills, you may also be able to join trips with other rafting companies in Norway.
We normally require you to take 30 training trips after completing the course to get skilled enough to be considered an independent guide – (meaning you can guide a raft of people by yourself). You can then apply for a job with Voss Rafting Senter or other rafting company’s in Norway and abroad.
You can also see this course and experience as an exciting week in itself, learning not just about the the river and rafting, but teamwork and safety in the outdoors. – Besides, you get “Lifetime Pass” to white water rafting! You will not regret completing guide school with us!
Why Voss Rafting?
- We have held courses since 1995 and trained guides who work for us, around Norway and around the world.
- Modern guide course of high quality, updated and developed each year by teh instructors!
- Newly developed guide manual – a book that contains most of what you need to know about rafting in general.
- We have some of the best rivers in Norway. If you can guide here, you are well prepared to work most anywhere.
- The course leaders will be amongst some the most experienced guides in the world: Allan Ellard, Mike Abbott…. All other instructors are also top level international experts.
There will be both theoretical and practical sessions each day. In short, the practical lessons will mainly take place in Stranda river (our normal rafting river). This involves guiding skills, safety and rescue training. The theoretical sessions are generally held at Voss Rafting Centre. These include, among other things, hydrology, rope work, first aid and rescue procedures.
The main language during the course will be English.
The course takes 5 days – Mon- Fri. The daily river schedule is generally from at 09:00 to approximately at 17.00. Some of the theory sessions will take place over, or after dinner at the rafting centre.
The course costs kr 4990, -. If Payment is made before the course starts a receipt must be shown on the first day. You can also pay cash on the first day of the course. Fee covers the daily practical and theoretical lessons, use of equipment, VRS guide manual and dinner each evening. You need to provide your own lunch for each day.
You can park your own tent in the garden at the rafting centre free of charge. We have great dressing rooms with toilets, showers and lockers. We can of course suggest accommodation with hotels or cabins around Voss, etc. Remember you will be taking part in an active course and will need energy for the the day!
Please contact Voss Rafting Senter by phone or email HERE
ADVANCED GUIDE TRAINING
VRS can offer an advanced guide course for:
- Less experienced guides who would like to improve their skills
- Guides who want to upgrade and update their skills
- Companies that are developing and are looking for quality improvements and want to educated their guides to a higher standard to guide more demanding rivers.
- Technical guiding skills for a high class of river
- Leadership skills.
- Safety and rescue skills
Contact use if you or your company are interested in running a course of this nature!